I’ve always loved stories from books to tv and movies. Growing up in a small town, however, my options were limited so I spent a lot of time rereading Madeleine L’Engle, C.S. Lewis and Robin McKinley.
I worked for years in tv production before I decided to see if I could turn one of my many ideas into a whole story. I began writing my own fairy tale because I still believe in a world of gallant heroes, where princesses are not frivolous things and honor is not for the faint of heart.
What began as a novella has become The Princess Kingdom series and a fondness for DIY publishing. And most recently an experiment to see if I can combine my love writing novels with the best aspects of tv shows in The Helion Chronicles.
7 random facts
- I love writing stories and writing about ideas and reading fun books. And, no, that doesn’t count as three things.
- I learned to build websites to keep from getting bored at work.
- And I don’t like to be bored.
- I completely overuse smiley emoticons. And I don’t apologize for it (often).
- I love chocolate, in all forms, but not cheap chocolate. If you’re going cheat, make it worth it.
- I adore the smell of coffee but only drink it with a lot of coconut milk creamer and only once a month or so.
- I’m kind of devastated that they’re breeding the scent out of roses because there is nothing that smells so beautiful and full of life as fresh roses.